Lost Shores
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lost Shores

We may have the effect of exploding your brains out of pure awesome

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
/div>
Welcome
Welcome to The Lost Shores, a supernatural/canine rp based on a unknown island near London.

London... chilly and snowy in the winter months and although warm and sometimes even hot in the summer, still far from a tropical island. Thats what a lot of people think... thats what the humans and canines of this island thought before they crashed here. No one knows how they came upon this island, but its a fact that its only a few hours (by ship) away from London, though the temperatures are dramatic, constantly changing from hot to cold and the inhabitants of this island are far from normal.

Really no one is certain where this island is, mostly everyone is unaware of its existence and all those poor souls lost here are thought to be dead, lost at sea. Of course thats only logic, but is it still logic when year after year a ship or plane wrecks after setting out, no record to be seen since they set out and no one returns? I'd say its more of those of the mainland lieing to themselves so they wouldn't risk it all just to track down this island to find out whats happening. Maybe it's better that way.
Latest topics
» The Wreckage
The Clearing EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 am by Jinx

» Crazy chat logs
The Clearing EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 pm by Charlie

» September QotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:49 pm by Radioactive

» September PotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:52 pm by Admin

» September CotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:44 pm by Admin

» September MCotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm by Admin

» September FCotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:39 pm by Admin

» September MotM
The Clearing EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:37 pm by Admin

» The site is obviously under construction yo
The Clearing EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 pm by Admin

Species Statistics
Humans- 4  ♂ 3 ♀ 1
Shifters- 5 4 ♀ 1
Witches- 2
♂ 0 ♀ 2
Necromancers-
2 ♂ 1 1
Spirits- 0 ♂ 0 ♀ 0
Hybrids-
0 ♂ 0 ♀ 0
Other- 0 ♂ 0 0
Total- 13 ♂ 8 ♀ 5
Rp Time
Weather
Staff
Word Counter

Word Length: 0
Guest chatbox
Affiliates

The Clearing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
TWINZIES
TWINZIES
Radioactive

Coins : 59
Other Characters : Vekpo

Character info
Character Health:
The Clearing Left_bar_bleue45/100The Clearing Empty_bar_bleue  (45/100)
Energy:
The Clearing Left_bar_bleue30/100The Clearing Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)
Hunger:
The Clearing Left_bar_bleue50/100The Clearing Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 am

This is a central meeting place in the Forest. It is quite easy to spot, and isn't far from the Commonplace. Not far from the Clearing is the River, which makes the Clearing a frequent place from both Wolves and Humans, as well as other creatures like prey and dangerous predators. Well worn paths snake around the Clearing, leading to most of the locations on the island. Wolves use this trail as a highway to common hunting places, along with the Humans. Spirits and Necromancers aren't frequent to this area, and generally avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Katrina

Katrina

Coins : 11

Character info
Character Health:
The Clearing Left_bar_bleue100/100The Clearing Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Energy:
Hunger:

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:18 am

Katrina wandered through the forest with a keen eye on her surroundings. Though she'd been traveling for hours, something was luring her towards a place she didn't know too well.
Her loose black hair flowed in a gentle breeze and her arrows clicked against each other with every silent step she made. The winds were telling her something, but she couldn't make out the warnings. She wondered what could possibly have triggered immediate silence throughout the forest. No birds or squirrels scurried or sang their matured patterns or rhythms.
"How peculiar."She whispered to herself.
As careful as she was, Katrina came to the edge of a clearing and hid behind the thick trunk of a pine. She listened. Heard nothing. Her elven ears flexed in directions human ears could never go as she listened hard for any signs of movement or sounds of life. There was only ever a light breeze, it's sudden change of direction flicking her hair over her shoulders as she watched, waited.
Even though she thought nothing was near, Katrina turned her head and found a deer in hiding. It's ears were alert and eyes on her. She smiled and stretched out her hand to greet the animal.
"Don't be afraid."She said,"I won't harm you."
The creature seemed to hesitate before edging towards her. It was a doe, 3 years and Katrina felt it may be carrying a fawn. Her eyes shined.
The deer nodded at her expression."Congratulations," she said, smiling as she stroked the deers side gently.
She loved animals. All her life she had developed a fondness for them and they for her. Later on, she found she had a gift to understanding them.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
TWINZIES 2
TWINZIES 2
Charlie

Coins : 89

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am

Charlie had heard it clearly from the common place where he and Phoenix had been lounging. It was a loud crash from the beach, exploding sounds and screams of fear had shot through the forest and sent anything that could hear it silent. The only reason Charlie had been able to hear the crash was because of his keen wolf hearing. He had struggled to keep his heart beat steady, and everything about him calm. He would rather anything then have to go through that painful shift from human to wolf but it was proving to be difficult with the excitement surging around him.

He envied those shifters that learned to have full control over the shift, they were lucky. Sure Charlie enjoyed animals but he absolutely hated being one. He had no memories of being human, no connection to his friends so when he shifted he would have no mercy and would most likely hurt them. Not to mention when he turned into a wolf he always ended up eating meat as thats just what wolves do, they're carnivores. He would do everything in his power to keep from turning into a wolf but he could feel the aching feeling in his bones just before he shifts, the feeling of your bones slowly shifting. He also had a terrible head ache and his memory was slowly just fading away. He had to keep going over in his head a routine to make sure he still remembered basic things about himself.

His name is Charlie James, he wolf born on Halloween which was the 31st of October and he had an abusive mother. One of his good friend's name was Phoenix, Phoenix is only a little younger then him. Charlie had been so worried on keeping these little thoughts in his mind and running towards the sound he heard he hadn't seen the elven female and the doe and ended up slamming right into the girl. With a loud oof he fell straight to the ground, and the doe ran quickly away.

Groaning softly in pain he rolled himself over so he was laying flat on his back looking upward. He laid there for a few seconds more to regain his breath before sitting up and scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sooo sorry" he said, his hazel eyes wide and guilty. Pushing himself up onto his feet he winced slightly in pain as you came nearer and nearer towards shifting and helped the female up before walking slowly over to a tree and leaning against it for support, taking deep breaths to keep calm.

Addressed: Katrina
Mentioned: Phoenix, Katrina
Song of the moment: Helena by My Chemical Romance
Muse: Pretty good
Tone: Apologetic
Word Count: 440
Side Notes: Mehehehe rprprprprprp

Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Coins : 34
Other Characters : J I N X

Character info
Character Health:
Energy:
Hunger:

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 am

Phoenix heard it the instant it happened. Screaming, a crash of some sorts perhaps? Obviously Charlie had heard it too. The guy had disappeared almost instantly as the loud noise occured. Phoenix, who had a little more control over his morphing, struggled briefly the wild sensation tugging at his whole being. Becoming a wolf had its cons and pros. On one side he felt free but on the other side he had almost zero control over his actions.

He took a deep breath and focused on what was real. Focusing on his name and his past, no matter how painful it was, usually brought him back. He could feel himself moving in the direction Charlie had disappeared. Charlie was almost the only person he could trust. Him and Charlie just clicked. They understood each other.

Phoenix was breathing hard but he finally managed to slow his steps and make his vision go straight. The nagging wild sensation was just a faded echo in teh back of his mind. After he had recovered and he could see clearly his next priority was Charlie. He knew how much Charlie hated becoming a wolf. Almost solely for the reason because he would hurt people. Charlie was a softy but Phoenix respected him.

He wiped sweat off of his forehead and sprinted in the direction of Charlie. When he found his friend they weren't alone. An elfish looking woman was standing in the clearing. He nodded to her, "Erm sorry." He didn't know what he was apologizing for but it was all he thought of saying. He jogged up to Charlie and gripped his shoulders. "Charlie. You ok?"

WC:267
Back to top Go down
Katrina

Katrina

Coins : 11

Character info
Character Health:
Energy:
Hunger:

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 am

Katrina heard an explosion then which had sent the deep fleeing. In her urge to shift, Katrina forced herself to stay where she was. She gazed around wildly before she had spotted a figure nearby.
Her golden yellow eyes stared at the man as he seemed to be in great pain. He seemed to be struggling with something. The elf edged closer and she could smell the faint scent of wolf on him. Katrina tensed for a moment before suddenly taking a fighting stance.
Another boy, with the scent of wolf, came hurrying into the clearing. She blinked at his nod and ignored his apology as she watched him go to the other and assist him. Katrina thoght nothing of it for a moment though she wondered if they had heard the same thing.
She hestitated before walking up to the man who seemed to be fighting his change and rested a gentle hand on the opposite shoulder his friend held.
"Don't fight it. You'll injure yourself doing so."Her voice was calm and kind, warning.
Something about the two of them stood out to her. SHe hadn't seen them before and she wondered if she could truly trust them. What sort of danger was she putting herself in?Of course, she was powerful, shared the same change as they did.
She glanced between them curiously as though she were genuinely interested in them. In all her travels, Katrina had not run into another shifter in a long number of years. She knew she was different, but what was that compared to a similarity?
Back to top Go down
Charlie
TWINZIES 2
TWINZIES 2
Charlie

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:51 am

He could still feel his heart pounding against his chest and his pulse beating in his ears. His breath was still coming out in jagged puffs and he knew well that at any second his bones would take a major change, shifting into a canine form. His body would be covered in fur and his mind would be gone. He would just be a human trapped inside a animal body, and he would probably freak out over the amount of people crowded around him and he would probably hurt someone. He shut his eye tight and gritted his teeth, letting out another soft groan of pain.

When Phoenix placed his hands on Charlie's shoulder's the males eyes burst open and he nearly fled for cover, his wolf instincts taking over and he let out a small growl before noticing it was his friend. As Phoenix asked if he was okay Charlie shook his head but instead of saying he was going to shift any second he found himself saying something totally different, a bit of a lie. "Y-Yeah. Yeah, I'll be fine" maybe he said he was fine because he was refusing to shift, and maybe he thought he could finally gain more control of it.

He had never had good control over his shift, maybe because he was emotional it was harder for him to keep in control? Whatever it was annoying, every other shifter had their shifting under more control, even Phoenix who was 2 years younger then him had better grips on his beast side. Breathing in deeply his mouth gaped open and let out a small gasp of pain before closing quickly again. "This will pass it's just a c-complication" he said softly between breaths. He found himself slipping farther away from his memories. He needed to get a grip of himself, think of something that calmed him.

Shutting his eyes again he gained better control of his breathing, and was now aware of the elf from before telling him not to fight it. "I have to" he said through gritted teeth. "If I don't I'll end up trying to hurt one of you." Much to his relief he felt his heartbeat slowing down, though his bones were still aching his head ache was more dull and he was sure he wasn't going to shift now. Taking a final deep breath he opened one eye and smiled softly. "See I'm perfectly fine Phoenix, I can handle myself just fine."

Leaning forward and away from the tree he had been leaning against he looked around wearily. "We need to go check out that crash.. I'm sure you both heard it and I'm really concerned... what if someone got hurt? I have a small amount medical training so I'm sure I could probably help if anyone is hurt.." He looked over at the elf and held out his hand, though he was bend over awkwardly with one hand on his knee and the other extended out as greeting he felt manners were still important. "I'm Charlie" he said gruffly between gasps of air.

Addressed: Katrina, Phoenix
Song of the moment: In Transit by Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz
Muse: Pretty good
Tone: Exhausted, painful, struggling to sound fine
Word Count: 519
Side Notes: WE MUST GET TO RADIO

Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Character info
Character Health:
Energy:
Hunger:

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Phoenix watched Charlie with tensed muscles as he struggled because he knew that at any moment Charlie could go all wolf and attack. After all Phoenix had been there before. For some reason Phoenix had more control. Sometime ago he had made a goal to completely master the control of take over and ever since he had been struggling towards the goal. You would think being a shifter would be a breeze. Getting to become a wolf when ever you wanted to, having incredible senses. Well the change kind of sucked and made all the other benefits hardly even worth it. Phoenix would much rather be a normal human. Sighing, he let go of Charlie. Whatever Charlie was struggling through he had to do it on his own.

Noises from the big crash were still pestering at Phoenix's ear. People screaming in pain, others shouting for their loved ones. Phoenix felt nothing but sadness for these people because knowing the island they had just crashed on a never ending hell. He nodded slightly his eyes focused on the trees making sure there was nothing after them. "I guess we could go and try and help them." Normally by himself he would of stayed away from the crash, but he was with Charlie. He looked straight at Charlie. "But you better have full control or else you'll be hurting them more than helping them." He wasn't sure how it went for Charlie but after the initial excitement Phoenix's wolf senses were just a nagging feeling in the back of his mind. After calming down once he didn't need too again. He didn't know how it was for Charlie because the guy would never bore Phoenix on the details. Maybe he was suffering all the time and Phoenix had no clue. He glanced over at the elf wondering if he should introduce himself as well but decided against it.

WC:318
Back to top Go down
Charlie
TWINZIES 2
TWINZIES 2
Charlie

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm

(Sorry I probably wont be able to post any time soon, I'm in Florida and there is a flash flood right now and my sister is on the road heading down here and its supper dangerous and both me and my mom are having a panic attack and its just terrible.. I'll post as soon as I can)
Back to top Go down
Charlie
TWINZIES 2
TWINZIES 2
Charlie

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

When Phoenix said they could go and rescue some people Charlie smiled ear to ear. "Yay! Come on then Phoenix, lets hurry" still keeping his happy smile Charlie took hold of Phoenix's upper arm and tugged gently to get him to follow him. "We're wasting time, people could by DIEING right now!" Yeah, Charlie was getting a little worked up and even though he said he was fine and it had passed, he still ached and was still in danger of shifting at any moment, but he was determined to save some people.

When Phoenix said quite sternly that hes got to have full control Charlie paused and looked at his feet, his hazel eyes looking kinda hurt. "Phoenix.. I said I'm fine okay? I'm just going through a tough time but I can control it, just trust me okay? If we're friend then prove it and actually trust me when I say I have full control." Charlie's tone wasn't exactly mean or angry, more hurt that Phoenix didn't have faith he could keep his shifting under control. "I just managed to stay human didn't I? If I just do the same thing at the wreckage I'm sure I can stay completely human and not hurt anyone around me." Smiling softly he turned away from the elf and his friend, heading deeper into the forest and towards the wreck. "Come on Phoe, you're getting left behind! People lives depend on us alone!"

-Le beach-

Addressed: Katrina, Phoenix
Song of the moment: Hand 'Em High by My Chemical Romance
Muse: Mehhh pretty foul man
Tone: happy, hurt
Word Count: around 250
Side Notes: WE MUST GET TO RADIO

Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Character info
Character Health:
Energy:
Hunger:

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:56 pm

-To le wreckage for Phoe-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Clearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clearing   The Clearing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Clearing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lost Shores :: Roleplay :: The Forest-